HELPCODE is looking for a special, creative person, able to launch herself/himself beyond the obstacles to find alternative solutions to daily problems, with an enterprising spirit and enthusiasm, to support its operations in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique.
Professional profile: Protection officer
Department: Project Unit
Duty station: The protection officer will be based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado, with frequent field trips in intervention Districts; working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and in coordination with Helpcode senior emergency staff in Cabo Delgado and HQ.
Location: Cabo Delgado
Type and duration of contract: Fixed-term contract, 12 months. Renewable based on funds availability.
Salary: Remuneration will be defined coherently with the candidate’s past experience.
Starting date: September 2021
Job description: The Protection officer will be responsible for providing technical support of protection activities in Cabo Delgado, with a specific focus on addressing gender-based violence and ensuring children protection, and for mainstreaming a protection approach within Helpcode interventions in Cabo Delgado and other emergency contexts.
Main tasks and responsibilities.
Main tasks and responsibilities include strategy development, technical supervision, activities implementation and coordination with protection actors. In particular, the protection officer will:
- Design a protection mainstreaming strategy and tools for Helpcode in Mozambique, in coordination with HQ experts, including through the collection of quanti-qualitative data, coherently with Helpcode mission and objectives and with international protection standards;
- Build internal capacity of selected staff in Cabo Delgado and other Provinces in protection, by designing and implementing regular training and refreshment activities and supervising data collection at country level;
- Provide technical support and assistance to project teams, with priority for Cabo Delgado initiatives;
- Design work plans for protection activities and ensure their timely, quality implementation;
- Support the Project Managers in preparing procurement plans for protection activities following the budget and work plan for the projects;
- Contribute to implementation and supervise internal monitoring of protection-related activities;
- Represent Helpcode in the Protection Cluster and liaise with donors in coordination with line managers;
- Participate in Helpcode business development in Mozambique, with a focus on protection activities, including through data collection and participation in the elaboration of project proposals;
- Contribute to internal and external reporting on protection activities;
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in similar roles;
- Full proficiency in Portuguese and English;
- Proven knowledge of protection and gender issues, approaches and tools
- In-depth understanding of the Mozambican context;
- Previous experience in community engagement, data collection and analysis, referral mechanisms.
To apply, send CV and a cover letter by the 30th of August 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: CD PROTECTION 2021
We kindly ask you to refrain from sending us your CV if you do not have the required skills and requirements. Please note that only pre-selected candidates will receive a response.
We believe in change.
A change that pushes us to do better and better, to reach new goals.
We support growth.
The growth of each child in a healthy family, in a safe school and in a serene and reliable community.
We invest in the future.
A future to which we look with concrete actions, aimed at giving lasting results in the field of children’s rights, starting from today.
We are Helpcode. We do what we say and say what we do; because living a childhood is the right of every child.
Our ideas on diversity
At Helpcode we value and invite diversity into our workforce as we know it is one of the factors that make us qualified to deal with the complex environments we work in. We see diversity as one of our organizational strengths. Our aim is to foster an inclusive workplace where everyone treats each other (including colleagues and beneficiaries) with dignity and respect.
At Helpcode we welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.
We are constantly seeking to improve our policies and practices to be at the forefront of workplace diversity and inclusion standards, in line with human rights principles.
HELPCODE is an international solidarity organization, active since 1988 in various countries of Africa (Tunisia, Libya, Mozambique and RD Congo), Middle East (Yemen) and Asia (Nepal, Cambodia) working in education, protection, health, renewable energy, wash, nutrition and agriculture.