Helpcode is seeking an experienced Public Health Expert to support implementation of EUTF funded project “Restoring quality health care services in Zawya and Ghat District in Libya”. This is part-time position, remote based.
Contract details: fixed term contract – 6 months
Salary: remuneration will be proportional to the candidate’s previous experience and aligned with international donors’ guidelines.
Begin of Contract: November 2020
Under the supervision of HELPCODE responsible desk officer and the direction of the Project Manager, the international expert will support the foreseen projects ‘activities for the chosen health centers, with technical guidance to the expected main objectives and results
- Facilitate the implementation of the health sector activities in Libya especially regarding the main project on health centers located in Ghat and Zawya area.
- Providing an exhaustive advise to improve health status and quality of the health care system of the target health centers.
- Support development of measurable indicators and benchmarks or integrate/re-establish the existed ones to be handed over to local users.
- Support need assessments and proposal design/writing relevant to health interventions in Libya
- Support development plans for: materials distributions, type of training needed, general management of PHC, sensitization campaigns, surveillance, systems.
- Support implementing partner ODP with technical advices
- Assist the Project’s manager in monitoring the implementation of the project and district plans foreseen for the same sector.
- Support preparation and evaluation of detail medical assessment
- Support design of training curriculum
- Support preparation of technical specification related to tender for equipment, machinery, and supplies
Key competencies and requirements
- Master Degree in Medicine with post-degree specialization in Public Health or any postgraduate medical qualification with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification work experience in the field of public health.
- Experience in working for health systems analysis, planning and management in the health sector in developing countries desired.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Italian (Arabic is a plus).
- Skills to build a network of professionals for providing technical assistance for health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary y team environment.
- Proven ability to design and conduct studies with published work or reports (where possible with data gathered from missions) for better understand and in case helping design a better structured PHC services and operational solutions.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point; any data base package is highly desirable.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Means and Instruments
The expert will work in remote modality; depending on the COVID-19 pandemic evolution, the opportunity to work from the organization’s office in Tunis will be considered
In order to apply send an email to: email@example.com Reference: HEALTH2020.
We inform that, due to the high number of applicants, we will be able to reply only to those candidates complying with the requirements specified in the vacancy.
We believe in change.
A change that pushes us to do better and better, to reach new goals.
We support growth.
The growth of each child in a healthy family, in a safe school and in a serene and reliable community.
We invest in the future.
A future to which we look with concrete actions, aimed at giving lasting results in the field of children’s rights, starting from today.
We are Helpcode. We do what we say and say what we do; because living a childhood is the right of every child.
Help Code Italia Onlus is an international solidarity organization, active since 1988 with development projects in various countries of Africa (Tunisia, Libya, Mozambique and RDCongo) and Asia (Nepal, Cambodia). It finances its projects mainly thanks to the support of over 16,000 private donors and important national and international public and private institutions.
Children Education, well-being and gender equity are the strategic objectives guiding the operations of the organization on the field everywhere