Helpcode is seeking an experienced Public Health Expert to support implementation of an EUTF funded project “Restoring quality health care services in Zawya and Ghat District in Libya”. This is a part-time position, Tunisia or remote based.
Contract details: fixed term contract – 6 months (renewable)
Salary: remuneration will be proportional to the candidate’s previous experience and aligned with international donors’ guidelines.
Begin of Contract: April 2021
Objectives of the assignment:
Under the supervision of HELPCODE responsible desk officer and the direction of the Project Manager, the international expert will support the foreseen projects ‘activities for the chosen health centers, with technical guidance to the expected main objectives and results.
- Facilitate the implementation of the health sector activities in Libya especially regarding the main project on health centers located in Ghat and Zawya area.
- Providing an exhaustive advice to improve health status and quality of the health care system of the target health centers.
- Support development of measurable indicators and benchmarks or integrate/re-establish the existed ones to be handed over to local users.
- Support need assessments and proposal design/writing relevant to health interventions in Libya.
- Support development plans for: materials distributions, type of training needed, general management of PHC, sensitization campaigns, surveillance, systems.
- Support implementing partner with technical advices
- Assist the Project’s manager in monitoring the implementation of the project and district plans foreseen for the same sector.
- Support preparation and evaluation of detail medical assessment.
- Support design of training curriculum.
- Support preparation of technical specification related to tender for equipment, machinery, and supplies.
Key competencies and requirements
- Master Degree in Medicine with post-degree specialization in Public Health or any postgraduate medical qualification with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification work experience in the field of public health.
- Experience in working for health systems analysis, planning and management in the health sector in developing countries desired (Libya is a plus).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Italian (Arabic is a plus).
- Skills to build a network of professionals for providing technical assistance for health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proven ability to design and conduct studies with published work or reports (where possible with data gathered from missions) for better understand and in case helping design a better structured PHC services and operational solutions.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS
- Word, Excel, Power Point; any data base package is highly desirable.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Means and Instruments
The expert will work in remote modality; depending on the COVID-19 pandemic evolution, the opportunity to work from the organization’s office in Tunis will be considered.
In order to apply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: HEALTH2021.
We inform that, due to the high number of applicants, we will be able to reply only to those candidates complying with the requirements specified in the vacancy.
We believe in change.
A change that always pushes us to do better and to reach new objectives to improve the future.
We support growth.
The growth of a child in a healthy family, in a safe school and in a reliable community.
We invest in the future.
A future where we observe, think, and act for long lasting results in children’s lives, starting from today.
We are Helpcode. We do what we say and we say what we do for positive and lifelong changes for each and every child.
Help Code Italia Onlus is an INGO, working since 1988 with development and humanitarian aid projects in different countries in Africa (Tunisia, Libya, Mozambique, DRC Congo) Asia (Nepal, Cambodia), Middle East (Iraq, Yemen). Helpcode finances its projects thanks to the support of 10.000 individual donors in Italy and Switzerland and of Private and Public Institutions at national and international level.
Children Education, well-being and gender equity are the strategic objectives guiding the operations of the organization on the field everywhere